24 jan. 2016

Weekend getaway

I really enjoy living close to the city center but every now and then it's great to be able to take a break and head to the countryside. When I feel like that I often head to where I grew up and where my parents still live. Although Espoo is the second largest city in Finland there's A LOT of space for those who seek it. Many friends who don't know the city usually just think of Espoo as a suburb to Helsinki.

I was encouraged by my parents to go skating and I'm glad i did. I've never been a huge fan of ice skating rinks but skating on a lake is something completely different. 

Untitled

Some other skaters had also found their way to this hidden paradise. The track is maintained by a friendly neighbour who lives next door to my parents.

Isväg

Inga kommentarer: